Tuesday 6 October 2009

Flesh Highlights, Webbing and Blanko

Well if that title doesn't get some interesting Google hits (and hey ho possibly some wargaming converts) nothing will ;)

The determination is still high to press on to completion with the British Infantry. The colour scheme seems to be coming together nicely. Flesh highlights, webbing, shiny metal bits and assorted bits in the kit.

Eyes to the Front:


Eyes to the Back:


A long time coming but I am very happy with the first Cross Fire Platoon or Command Decision Company (delete as applicable). All that needs to be considered now is how to do a bit of flocking :)

4 comments:

Arquinsiel said...

They're rather beautiful models. I may be tracking down a few of the metals you're using to use as Company Command sections since they look rather nice.

I had never heard of the PVA trick so they've all just been spray undercoated black. It seems they flake a bit if bashed around or if they bend too much but once some regular GW paint is applied it stops being a problem.

I'll get there in the end. It might just take a bit longer than planned :p

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Fraxinus and Paul made good comments regarding painting plastics. They (and I) go for the diluted water approach. Then a good undercoat - I like GW black bit like the two fellows already mentioned I think I'll go cheaper to the car paint primer.

Check out Lloydian Wargaming in my links. His site has a good section of WW2 plastic painting tips.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

The metals are Platoon 20 from North Riding Miniatures (NRM) again see link section. They painted up better than I expected. I would recommend getting yourself some Vallejo paints, even if it's the Flames of War British Paint Set. They seem to mix very well with all the other water based paints I have.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Er, I meant East Riding Miniatures (ERM) - I thought it wasn't right as I typed it ;)