Monday 19 April 2010

Anyone also else getting visits from unseen Chinese "Friends(?)"

A curious tale to tell, especially since I was just listening to a Radio 4 program yesterday describing the activities of Chinese Internet hackers (state-sponsored or not), particularly as I was looking at the different countries making access to this blog.

English speaking ones I can understand (even as second or third language), but I ask you who in China would want to read this blog?

The timing also ties in with the "comments" I rejected as obvious spam in the past few days or so. In my log I see various entries from China, one of which I show below:

Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Chinanet-zj Hangzhou Node Network (61.164.40.14)
www.qq829.com/web_stat.asp?dn=exiledfog.blogspot.com
(Don't go there folks just search on "qq820" in Google) 

Perhaps if I paint my 1/72 IMEX Chinese Liberation army kits I'll get a few more! Security wise anything has to be done on the Server as they host the pages.

Your thoughts and comments appreciated.

3 comments:

El Grego said...

I've only had a problem with a Chinese blogger account, which I banned. Now, I do get regular visits from a WorldOfWarcraft gold seller from India...

GuitarheroAndy said...

I keep getting 'Oriental' posts on my blog as well...written in native script so I can't understand a word of it...

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks

It is nice to know I am "not alone"

I don't think there is much damage they can do to a blog. The server side hosting the pages should be protected by "blogspot" to stop deployment of "bots".

A denial of service attack seems pretty pointless.

As long as I deny posting comments which have dubious links attached then I should be OK. This in effect should stoop the propagation of "bots" via people visiting infected sites.

Just my thoughts on the matter.