Friday 9 April 2010

Note to Self: 1/3000 and 1/1200 WW2 Painting Schemes used for IJN and French

Before I forget the WW2 IJN paint scheme (1/3000 and 1/1200) was:


Hull:
Games Workshop Chaos Black
Mixed with increasing amounts of Humbrol Acrylic Matt 5064 Grey (an old now re-released paint range)

Deck:
Anita's Acrylic 11007 Chocolate Brown
Mixed with Games Workshop Bubonic Brown

Highlight:
The 1/1200 IJN Musashi got a highlight of light grey to angles and edges that would catch the light :) 
I fussed about it in all honesty here as I was enjoying myself!

The WW2 Med French (1/3000) paint scheme was:


Hull:
Games Workshop Chaos Black
Humbrol Acrylic Matt 5064 Grey
Lightened up considerably with Games Workshop Skull White or Anita's Acrylic White

Deck:
Various browns that vere lying around but I seem to have favoured Anita's Acrylic 11007 Chocolate Brown
Mixed with Games Workshop Bubonic Brown

Hull and Deck Blackwashing:
After the first layer of grey and brown decking I watered down Anita's Acrylic black to the consistency of a weak watery ink and covered each model liberally in it, letting the creaks accumulate puddles.
Let dry overnight
Then continue the painting process over the powdery 
Result was a dirtier looking finish with lots of shade
Why? Well I was experimenting ;)

Note: Inspiration for the above paint scheme seemed to be primarily using up the Humbrol and Games Workshop paints I had before they dried up

No comments: