Thursday 29 July 2010

The Joy of Airfix (1) - [New] WWI Female Tank

As the saying goes "The female of the species is more dangerous than the male":


The Female Mark I certainly has more machine guns.

Another naked plastic assembly that needs a good dose of mud-splashed paint. Something to go with my WWI collection. This Airfix NEW (or rather slight variant of an existing) kit is a rather  welcome addition. The kit allows for the possibility of making the hermaphrodite (gun and machine guns) version from this single kit (also see my correction comment).

Together with Emhar and Hat there is a goodly spread of WWI kits on the market which allows for interesting day dreams.

3 comments:

Tim Gow said...

It certainly looks smarter than my 1970s vintage conversion!

Tim

Al said...

I'll be having me one of these, nice one. Been trying to comment for a couple of days but your site crashes my web browser like none other mate, probably nine times out of ten, any ideas what it could be?

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Correction: I should point that as you get both male and female parts a hermaphrodite only costs you one Airfix kit :)