Monday 16 August 2010

The Joy of Airfix (3): The good old Panzer IV F2

Albeit old, albeit basic, albeit heavy on the number of small plastic parts to make up the wheels and track assembly, it still stands the test of time very well. In addition to this it is relatively cheap (£5.99) and still found in the model shop on the high street :)



It also build up quickly and (now) has a carefree track assembly :)

Project wise I plan to build three of these to be a company in a CD III late war Panzer battalion. Other manufacturers contributing the other companies. No great rush on this adventure, just keeping pace with the steady build up of my British and American Sherman CDIII regiments and battalions respectively.

Plastic to be painted when I feel inspired (deep sigh). 

4 comments:

GEM Team said...

Oh airfix, cheap and simple

Arquinsiel said...

I need to get one of these and the Matador conversion kit to make it the later version. Someday....

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Oh they so need some paint!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Plastic Soldier now do a troop of three PzIVH

I got mine from a "Boyes" store for £11.00 which I thought was a bargain!