Sunday 22 May 2011

Projects Update:

Still no  painting table (DIY, baby has taken room over and a potential "house move") hence there is a lot of "wargaming theory" going on in my tiny little head. One plus being the opening of a sealed box of books. It was liberated from the "store" (a designated space underneath the stairs where I think Harry potter used to live and where my "bad hobby" stuff gets put).

These books were a mixture of Ancients (most of my Alexander the Great literature, plus some Roman stuff), WWII land (some Osprey books on WWII infantry tactics: Recon, Squad, Company and Battalion), Naval (Ironclads - 1904-05 Russo Japanese and WWII Coastal Forces) and the joker in the pack Colonial (Zulu, Boer War, Sudan), the latter being stuff I had forgotten about.

We'll see what comes of this mix and my inspiration. The WWII Coastal Forces has a certain appeal. It is a long time since I have done anything "tank'ish" though.

4 comments:

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

Wargames theory is good - think about all those projects you can tackle in due course! Tanks are good - I have some of those Airfix Vickers Light Tanks to tackle at some point and I am looking forward to that....in theory...;-)

All the best,

DC

Chris C. said...

Sounds like an interesting rediscovery -- it's amazing the number of really good things we tuck away in a box somewhere. Happy reading and thinking!

Paul said...

I like theory time, I also like reopening old boxes, even better when you find something. If you come across a 1/72 Mig21 canopy give me a shove.

Regards Paul

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

If I see a 1/72 Mig-21 Canopy its yours ;)