Thursday 17 November 2011

Painting Tray Update: More Panzer I Work

The bare plastic Panzer I Ausf B gets a Tamiya XF-63 German Panzer Grey base-coat and those wacky SCW "Breda armed" Pz I's Ausf A get a dark green base-coat (see below):



A closer look at those Spanish Civil War Nationalist tanks. Painted in Tamiya XF-61 Dark Green and highlighted with adding increasing amounts of Games Workshop Sunburst Yellow (see below):


"Early war" meets "later war". The Panzer I Ausf B next to a quick build HaT ArmourFast Pz Mk V Panther, with teh strange SCW tanks lurking in the background (see below):


The ArmourFast tank was a surprisingly nice straightforward build quite large (definitely 1/72 rather than 1/76) and dwarfs its predecessors. The Renaissance seems to be put firmly on hold for the moment.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Please insure that you update progress on the Panther as well Geordie.

The Renaissance can wait!

Tim Gow said...

How many Panzer 1s does one man need? Sorry - silly question. Keep building!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

The Panther(s) are "parked" for a later WWII project (Panther Battalion) and will be a post Xmas 2012 long term thing Paul, sorree the Renaissance will be back ;)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Tim by my calculations for my CD III 1939 Panzer Battalion I need:

4 x Pz IB
3 x Pz I Command Tanks

And I have:

5 x Pz IB (ie 1 spare)
1 x Pz I Command Tank

Technically I need another two Command Tanks. However I can sub in the "spare" Pz IB as a Command Tank and call in a spare Pz II for another Command Tank

So .. I suppose I could get by with what I've got as those Italeri and metal kits are quite expensive in these days of austerity ;)