Thursday 19 January 2012

Polish 7TP painting (continued III) ... Clanky Tank Finale

Partly for the sanity of NZ Paul (recoiling in horror at the multitude of recent Renaissance postings bringing flash backs of history lessons from his school days, learning lists of kings and queens etc.) and partly for my own pictorial confirmation of "painting progress" in 2012, I conclude my early war WWII Polish Tank painting spree (later war I guess it  would be Allied Cromwell's or T34/85's depending on whether it was Western or Eastern front). My "independent" 7TP tank company (see below):


The three tome highlighted camouflage is completed and the tank tracks are now painted with Anita's Acrylic Metallic Black and then highlighted by mixing in a tad of my diminishing stock of Games Workshop Mithril Silver. A close-up of the said painted tracks is shown below:


They now go into the "early war" draw, next to a I will return to these at a later date to do a matte varnish coat to protect the paint from shedding/scratching/wearing after handling as the SHQ metal casting has sharp edges on its boxy superstructure


The other thing I intend to do is put a plasti-card floor on the bottom of these models as it is very disconcerting when your fingers disappear inside its hollowed out carcass and tends to make me drop the blooming things!



The twin turret 7TP, the one I nominated as a "command tank" (see above), is a funny looking beast and must have been a nightmare to try and use in combat. SHQ Polish 'heavy armour' complete.

5 comments:

Paul said...

They are look excellent, the tones really work.

Twin turrets really perk up a afv I reckon.

Great job.

Mojo said...

Hi! The camo looks very nice to me!
Good job, mate!

Cheers, Mojo

Al said...

Excellent work Geordie, nice to add unusual things to ones collection

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks lads :)

Moving away from the Twentieth Century for a bit now ;)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Link to Polish WW2 Early War paint scheme

http://www.warandgame.info/2012/02/polish-armour-1939.html