Wednesday 29 February 2012

The 1/300 Panzer IV Hoard Revisited

Take II: Heroics and Ross Panzer IV F2's laid out in a Spearhead/BGC battalion formation (there is an engineering half-track and AA PzIV lurking in there somewhere too). The Panzer IV's are getting an Anita's Acrylic Metallic Black undercoat over which the Tamiya XF-60 Sand Yellow base coat is being laid. 


A GHQ Panzer IVH battalion(+) equivalent formation. Barrels now straight (or as straight as I can make them) with a Tamiya XF-1 Matt Black undercoat applied to the barrels over the original Panzer Grey (yes, wrong period paint chosen by the original owner, but it's all getting redone anyhow).


The whole painting tray (including my 28mm Renaissance Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, again avoiding the paint). The thing about 1/300 or 1/285 scale is that there are lots of them that need to be painted at the same time! The factory style painting operation commences. (Note: The fifth horseman below, is not an additional member the troublesome foursome [Famine, War, Pestilence and Death], but the Holy Roman Emperor himself  Charles V [from Redoubt Enterprises], chosen as a suitable Renaissance commander for my Impetus Army)


Note: I am working from the left hand side of the table over the the right hand side :)

2 comments:

Broeders said...

I've got an absolute ton of unpainted or badly painted Germans to be done. My mate Mark sorted them out for me - now I need to get the paint off (oven cleaner!) and then get going in divisional batches ready for our Spearhead campaign. Looking forward to seeing how yours turn out.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I've got a battalion by battalion system going but my wargaming mates from Hartlepool manage to do Divisions at a time

I seem to spend too much time per model :(