Friday 11 May 2012

House Move Competed :)

It came, it passed and it was survived ;) However the painting tray is looking rather sad and bare at the moment (see below):


All the angst that is associated with a house move is best summed up in that epiphany moment, when all your earthly possessions are in the back of a very large truck speeding away from you, a small voice in the back of your mind cries "why" as you know you have to 'unpack it all' at the other end.

The 'collections' seemed to have survived and many a book that has not seen the light of day for many a year is now open to viewing :)

5 comments:

Battlescale said...

Well done on surviving the house move!

Paul said...

Welcome back to earth. I hope you now have more man space for the toys!

Whisperin Al said...

Fun isn't it! :-)

Glad to hear it all went well. Did you find much you had forgotten you had? I did!

Tim Gow said...

I thought you'd gone a bit quiet lately. Glad it all went well - and just in time for you to get to Triples next weekend!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

It was an experience folks ;)

On the upside I now can see and read my books, on the downside the wife is wondering "why so much". I am now rationed to of old book out before a new book in

Bonus side: I have a huge attic and garage space (with the potential of setting up a gaming "arena")

Down side: Too much other things to do before I can get down to gaming again :(

I certainly 'found' plenty of forgotten toys. From a 6mm ancient racing chariot (Circus Maximus ... I'll maybe have to get some more) to the forsaken starter set 28mm GW Orcs I had (nicely) half painted. The Empire forces had joined my Renaissance troops

My biggest volume was my 20mm WWII but that was also the least complete and least painted (%)

Plenty of unpainted lead was uncovered