Thursday 30 August 2012

Recent Ancient Fury but WWII is Not Forgotten

Time TravelingWargame Interests
From: 5th Century BC to 20th Century AD

Confession: I recently was in a model shop and couldn't help myself acquire the kit that "was never there as a boy" (anybody know that feeling?). For love nor money you could not get it in plastic as a boy, the British Cromwell, a much maligned medium tank (when compared against a German Panther tank). The nearest you could get would be a tricky Comet conversion that perversely 'downgraded' its wargaming fighting potential. True I already have some in ArmourFast, Revell and two makes of resin but I do like the new Airfix moldings so I am a happy camper (see below):


The second item was a reunion with an old friend, the Airfix T34/76 or T34/85, two kits for the price of one. This is an old mold but still a classic (see below):


Now I somehow have to make some time to make them, perhaps if I get "lost" in the garage for an hour or two ;)

4 comments:

Paul said...

The Cromwell looks a nice kit Geordie and a worthy purchase.

Good to see WW2 back on the radar at any rate.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I have so much I want to do at the moment WWII wise

That Fairey Battle has been waiting too long in particular!

Al said...

classics!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

The T34/85 was the best thing (bar that Pz IV) that Airfix did

It gives the wargamer an AFV that can be used from early war WWII 1940 to post WWII conflicts up to Vietnam and the Middle East

The detail on the Cromwell looks sweet

If only Airfix would fix the flaws on their blooming Tiger I rather than giving us a Tiger II (which I'll have to get)