Tuesday 10 September 2013

Is this really still the "Last American" Sherman build still a WIP?

I can literally "smell" the finish line (of the 'construction phase' anyway) but the danger is my stamina may fail me. The "silver track" has now been assembled onto the chassis (see below):


For the track assembly it is the classic style "do it with the office paper stapler" (no messing about with hot screwdrivers of super glue). The staple is just visible in the track assembly photograph (see below):


So if it looks like a Sherman, if it moves like a Sherman, if it shoots as poorly as a Sherman and if it gets blown up as easily as a Sherman, then it must be a Sherman (see below):


It sure looks like a Sherman to me! But I still have to don the mud skirts and assemble the "fiddly strange spare tracks assembly" as per the instruction booklet before I officially finish. Tune in for the concluding episode.

2 comments:

Mike said...

As soon as I read about the stapling of the tracks, I know I had to follow this blog; that's how I do it as well.

Nice blog.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Is there any other way for those Airfix and old style Esci (re: Italeri)tracks ;)