Saturday 8 February 2014

Matchbox/Revell Comet (Commander's Tank)

I am working up to a full RTR of Cromwell's and Sherman's (as per Command Decision OoB) but the Comet I will still to a squadron worth, circa 1945 so four tanks are needed and this is the "command tank" with hatches open waiting for its commander (see below): 


Another delightful quick, clean build with throw back memories to my early teenage days. Yes Matchbox had it spot on with the mini diorama included (see below):


The box with Western Allies unmade kits is getting lighter with respect to tanks now ;)

3 comments:

Arquinsiel said...

One of my favourites of the Matchbox kits put out by Revell. Tough to chose between this and the Firefly really.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Good point

To be fair the M3 Honey, M34 Chaffe, T-34, Pz II and Pz III were good too, as they filled the whole in other ranges ;)

Arquinsiel said...

I've never got my hands on the M3 or PzIII, and had no need for a T-34 but the M34 seemed over-fiddly for what it was to me. The Pz II is nice alright, but I'd prefer a bit more of an option for an early-war version turret.