Friday 30 January 2015

Matilda No.9

Waltzing Matilda No.9 has been put together (see below):


As per the hysteria of pre-WWI Dreadnought building competitions "We want ten!" (Psst, actually eleven for the Western Desert if truth be told, two for Russia and another two more for the Pacific in 2015, before Airfix stops selling the kit).

Command Decision: Western Desert OoB: 
I have three companies of three, so therefore by my reckoning I need a Regimental HQ Tank plus a modified Matilda II Close Support (CS) platoon tank!

5 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Your plunge into madness is impressive mate!

Al said...

great stuff, you might have to do some infantry to go with em :)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Hello there friendly ANZACS, yes it is a glorious piece of madness. I am getting rather quick at putting these kits together now ;)

Al, I do have some 1/76 Airfix and Revell 8th Army waiting in the wings but the armour has to do its bit first!

Note: I was disappointed with Airfix not releasing the Crusader kit this year :(

Mike said...

I hadn't heard the news about Airfix pulling this kit, now I have to decide whether to buy or not.
Very impressive, it's a great kit.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

No, there i sno news to its demise, I am merely thinking it is up for "rotation" out as is the want of Airfix kits. If I am to complete my OoB I might as well do it now for standard shopping prices rather than eBay markups ;)