Monday 23 March 2015

The Fairey Battle's Bottom

Slipping away from my Sci-Fi interlude I picked up the infamous Fairey Battle from its hibernation cave near the Painting Tray. Just a little touch up on the "yellow bombs" and paint the remaining areas of the underside matte black (see below):


I suppose it is the same view the German flak gunners along the Meuse saw when the six Battles of the 'Dirty Dozen' (No. 12 Squadton AASF) attacked those vital Meuse bridges. 

Next step is to see how the interesting NEW "satin green paint" (Airfix 163) comes out on the model.

5 comments:

Mad Padre said...

Looking good, though I did have my reservations, looking at a post about Fairey Bottoms and wondered if it would be NSFW. :)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

lol

:)

NSFW = Not Safe Fir Work is a new one on me

In the UK four judges are seeking alternative employment as of NSFW browsing ;)

Mad Padre said...

In the Canadian military all our workstations have firewalls to keep people from looking at naughty things, and they still find ways to get themselves in trouble.
Sad about the judges, but judges can be gits too.

Al said...

Looking good Geordie

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Al, slow progress but I am enjoying it ;)