Wednesday 15 April 2015

The way of the Tau (XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Commander

I have had this in my Sci-Fi collection since I think about 2006. It's time to be painted came while I was on holiday with the family (alongside Spiderman and Wonder Woman, see previous post). Although I have a packet of normal Tau (so technically I now qualify for the minimum force requirement for a Warhammer 40K Tau formation) it was purchased for its own aesthetic merits. In this was I shamelessly over equipped and "bombed up" the beast with five weapon and support systems instead of the prescribed three. I plan to use it in Space Crusade instead of a "high spec" Dreadnought (see below)


All-in-all I am quite pleased with the result, although my painting style would now be considered old-style traditional (three colour: shade, base, highlight) and heavy on the paint, as opposed to the more modern (base, wash, base, fine edge highlight) subtle mass painting techniques

Oh well, anything goes in my books .. ;)

No comments: