Tuesday 20 October 2015

October Project: Day 16 "Base Flesh"

I needed a dull pale base for the flesh. The original Games Workshop Tanned Flesh was well dried up in its poy, shame, but no real surprise there. The standard Fantasy (28mm Dark Ages) mix of Vallejo Game Colour Dark Flesh (Shade) to Dwarf Flesh (Base) with Elf Flesh (Highlight) did not seem appropriate. In addition going straight to Vallejo (70955) Pale Flesh seemed too white/pale a base colour. Rummaging around in the paint box I found a long forgotten about Games Workshop/Citadel Foundation Paint of "Tallarn Flesh" (Eh? On the up side it came with a fancy top that meant the paint was still wet inside). It seemed the 'dirty battlefield skin' tone I was after so I decided to give it a shot (see below):



This means that I am just over halfway through the timeline I set and the "Base Colour" phase of the project has been completed. The painting tasks are getting fiddlier but overall slightly less time consuming as most of the figure is painted.

Still roughly going to plan, a bit of variation from the flesh and ahead with a few highlights, against the original 2009 Painting Guide.

Next: The Highlighting Starts 

3 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Sterling stuff Geordie!

Lasgunpacker said...

"Tallarn flesh" surely?

Anyway, figures are looking good!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Paul :)
Lasgunpacker I think you have me there ;)