Wednesday 20 January 2016

What no more Shelfari after March ... What is GoodRead?


To quote Han Solo from Star Wars "Chewy I have a BAD feeling about this!" ..

Oh no did I hear the word MIGRATION, no software orientated person likes that word as it just spells TROUBLE. Expect to see a dozen posts or more complaining about loss of data and "feature drift"

That is the GLASS HALF EMPTY interpretation of Googles announcement but the first "Book Export" to GoodRead looked pretty, ... well, incomplete ... missing lots!

 :(

STOP PRESS ... UPDATE: Message received after I sent a query to the Amazon HELP or FAQ section ...

Hello,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused.
Please be informed that we are experiencing a technical issues. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.
Errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported. I request you to please try again after a 1-2 business days.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this technical issue as quickly as possible.

Did I solve your problem?

ONLY TIME WILL TELL ... I can now add a new book to my old Shelfari but I fear this is merely the start of a long SAGA!

No comments: